Sunday February 13, 2011
Petra Kvitova wins the Final over Kim Clijsters at the 2011 Open GDF Suez
PARIS, France--(LadyDragon.com)13/02/11-- Petra wins the women Championship of the 2011 Open GDF Suez 6-4, 6-3 in 1 hour.
- When the WTA Rankings are released on Monday, February 14, Clijsters is projected to regain the world No.1 ranking for the fourth time in her career and first time since March 2006
- Clijsters is undefeated at the Paris [Indoors] with a 7-0 win-loss record; she won the title the only previous time she played the event back in 2004
- Clijsters is competing in her 3rd consecutive final this year (Sydney , Australian Open), and 5th consecutive final from the last 5 events she has played (also US Open and WTA Championships Doha)
- Clijsters is currently on a 12-match winning streak (7 at Australian Open, 2 at Fed Cup, 3 at Paris [Indoors])
- Clijsters has amassed a 27-2 win-loss record fromthe start of the US Open through her SF victory here
- Since her return in August 2009, Clijsters owns the best match winning percentage (.863, 69-11), including 7 singles titles, and is 16-1 in SF and F matches (7-1 in F)
- Clijsters is 41-18 in career singles finals
- Clijsters leads theWTA formatch wins in 2011 with 16; Kvitova is 2nd with 15
- This is Kvitovas 2nd final of the year (after winning the title in Brisbane)
- Kvitovas best previous result at Paris [Indoors] was 2r in 2008
- Kvitova saved 1 match point, and needed 5 match points, in her 2r match against Barbora Zahlavova Strycova
- Kvitova is a perfect 5-0 in 3-setmatches in 2011
- Kvitova is 2-1 in career singles finals (won 2009 Hobart, 2011 Brisbane; runner-up at 2009 Linz)
- Kvitova has hit 19 aces in 4 matches
- Kvitova has five Top 10 wins; the highest ranked player she has ever defeated is No.1 Safina (2009 US Open)
- Kvitovas average match time this week (across 4 matches) has been 2 hours (119.5mins), compared with Clijsters (across 3matches) at 1 hour, 12 minutes
- Kvitovas ranking is projected to rise to No.14 following her finals appearance this week, but cannot improve any further, even if she were to win the title
2 all and Petra breaks and holds fr a 4-2 lead after 18 minutes of play. Kim holds to Love 4-3. Petra holds to 30 5-3. Kim now serving to stay in the set. A very quick serving game for Kim 5-4. Petra serving for the set. Impressive quick hold for Petra to win the first set 6-4 after 30 minutes of play.
Petra serving very well with 4 aces and 1st points won at 87% 13/15 combined with 14 winners and 9 errors as for Kim its quite even 5/5 but Petra too strong right now for Kim.
Petra breaks to start the set but kim breaks right back and holds for a 2-1 lead. At 3 all Petra breaks 4-3. Petra keeps serving well for 5-3 lead now Kim must hold. Petra takes the second Championship point and wins the second set 6-3 and the match in 1 hour.
Petra serving too well well today with 10 aces.