Sunday February 20, 2011
Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor wins over Eric Butorac and Jean-Julien Rojer
MEMPHIS, United States--(LadyDragon.com)20/02/11--Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor wins over Eric Butorac and Jean-Julien Rojer the Double Men Final at the Regions Morgan Keegan Championships for thier first Championship together.
TOP SEEDS MIRNYI-NESTOR TO FACE NO. 4 BUTORAC-ROJER
- Top seeds Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor make their first final appearance together in Sundays final as they face No. 4 Eric Butorac and Jean-Julien Rojer in the doubles championship.
- Mirnyi and Nestor have not lost a set this week while Butorac and Rojer have dropped one set.
- Mirnyi has a 37-34 career record in finals while Nestor is 71-46 in finals.
- The Canadian is the active doubles titles leader on the ATP World Tour. He won titles here in 1996 and 2003 (w/Knowles).
- Butorac and Rojer have had a successful partnership since first teaming up in Los Angeles last summer and they were finalists. They have a 26-10 match record together and they are 2-1 in finals. Butorac is 9-3 in doubles finals and Rojer is 2-6.
2 all then Max and Daniel break and goes on to win the first set 6-2.
Second set is much closer at 5-4 on serve then Jean-Julien does a double fault to give them a match point but manage to hold 5 all. At 5-4, this time it is Eric that puts the drama in the game. Eric goes down 0-40 everyone really thinks it is over but noooo, he fight back to bring us to a Tie Break.
Eric and Jean-Julien contines to fight and actually wins the second set 7-6.
Well now in a Tie Break to 10 points Max and Daniel get back on track to take a commanding lead of 6-1 to eventually win the TB 10-3 and finally the match in 1 hour and 25 minutes.
Congradulation to Max and Daniel since it is their first Championship won together.