Friday February 18, 2011
Milos Raonic wins over Radek Stepanek
MEMPHIS, United States--(LadyDragon.com)18/02/11--Milos keeps winning. This time, it was against Radek Stepanek where Milos won in 3 sets at the Regions Morgan Keegan Championships for an other week where Milos reaches the quaterfinal final.
- Radek Stepanek, 32, the No. 2 Czech Republic native (behind No. 7 Berdych) and 2009 runner-up (l. to Roddick), is looking to reach his third quarter-final or better here Besides his finalist showing, he reached the semi-finals (l. to Soderling) in his 08 debut Has a 9-3 career mark here
- He began this season by reaching the semi-finals in Brisbane (l. to Soderling) and then lost in the 1st Rd. in Sydney (l. to Chela) and 2nd Rd. at Australian Open (l. to Isner) and Zagreb (l .to F. Mayer)
- Last season he finished out of the Top 50 at No. 62 for the first time in eight years with an 18-16 record
- Milos Raonic, 20, who is appearing in his ninth career ATP World Tour level tournament, is com ing off his third Top 10 win of the season on Wednesday over No. 9 Verdasco in a third set tie-break
- Last week in San Jose the top Canadian captured his first career ATP World Tour title over Verdasco in two tie-breaks He was broken once during the week and led the tournament with 58 aces
- He became the first Canadian to win an ATP World Tour title since Greg Rusedski captured the title in Seoul in April 1995 (he also won in Newport in July 1993)
- At last months Australian Open, he qualified and posted wins over Bjorn Phau, No. 24 Michael Llodra and No. 10 Mikhail Youzhny before losing to No. 7 David Ferrer in four sets
- The Thornhill, Ontario resident has made the biggest jump from last years year-end South African Airways ATP Rankings, improving from No. 156 to No. 59 and he will move to around No. 56 with his result thus far and around No. 53 if he reaches the quarter-finals
- At this time one year ago he was ranked No. 361 and lost in the first round of qualifying at the Belgrade Challenger
Milos wins the first set 6-4. The second set goes to a Tie Break unfortunatly Milos failed to capitalize on his match points and losses the TB.
Third set goes again to a Tie Break but this time Milos was very focus and ready and takes a 6-0 lead before winning it .
Milos keeps winning with his 38 aces in this match alone plus it is a career high actually for him today.
Milos next match is against Robert Kendrick